Five

Five

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Well This is Creepy

I have this image in my mind of our family as Mom and Dad and our three kids. But that is, of course, largely an illusion since all the kids who don’t regularly poo themselves in public aren’t biologically ours. And while I do not mean to suggest that our particular genetic combination causes public turd squirting, the fact remains that Eli is not Juli and Gabriel’s dad – he’s their brother. And I am not related at all.


This is kid I remember!
Here’s the problem with brother vs. father: Eli and Gabriel aren’t, relatively speaking, all that far apart in age. And now that Gabriel is about to turn 16 and is decidedly no longer the little goofball eleven year old I first met, suddenly there are two men living in my house who look exactly the same. When one of them walks into a room, I can no longer tell with my peripheral vision which one it is.

It’s totally creeping me out, you guys!

I’ll just be sitting innocently on the sofa, reading a book, and a guy will stroll in. “Hey baby,” I will say, “Did you fla-flanging…you’re not baby.”

*awkward pause*

Seriously, I cannot stress this enough – one of them is my husband and the other one is super NOT. What. The. Crap.


Sigh.
Ummmm like, does this HAPPEN to other people?? All you mom’s with grown sons out there – does your offspring look so much like his father that a cursory glance can no longer tell them apart? Does that totally skeeve you out??

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!!! Yes!!! I almost we kissed Will the other day accidentally!!! Totally creepy!! We were all watching football and all afternoon Glenn had been coming up behind my chair and leaning over the side to touch my arm and ask me if I needed anything. So when Will did the same thing I automatically turned to kiss MY HUSBAND but thankfully noticed the bright red sweatshirt of MY SON (step) and ABORT ABORT!!!

    ReplyDelete